Dental Care When You Need it Most
Your South Philadelphia Emergency Dentist
If you are experiencing a dental emergency in South Philadelphia, it’s important to get help from an experienced dentist right away. The sooner you see a dentist to treat a knocked-out, loose, infected, or decayed tooth, the better the outcome will be for your oral and overall health. Call Mestichelli Barnes Dental Associates right away at (215) 334-2000.
Get Care Right Away
Same-Day Dental Appointments
At our office, we offer same-day emergency appointments for patients in South Philadelphia. We always make room for patients who need urgent treatment, and we will provide you with the care you need to get out of pain and discomfort.
When possible, we ask that you call ahead at (215) 334-2000 so we can assess your issue and prepare for your emergency visit. However, we also accept walk-in emergency patients at 1903 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148. If you are having a serious dental emergency, don’t hesitate to come in. We’ll see you as soon as we can!
Know When to Seek Help
What is a Dental Emergency?
- If you are experiencing serious oral pain, discomfort or bleeding and you don’t have any way to treat your condition on your own, you are having a dental emergency.
- Oral injuries caused by dental trauma are considered a dental emergency. This includes teeth that have been cracked or broken, or knocked-out, as well as oral lacerations to the gums, tongue, and lips.
- Toothaches can indicate a serious, deep cavity or an infected tooth that must be treated right away to avoid further complications.
- Loose or pulled-out dental work like fillings and crowns also count as emergencies.
If you’re not sure that your condition counts as an emergency, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Call us now to discuss your symptoms and make a same-day appointment at Mestichelli Barnes Dental Associates.
What Should I Do
If I Have a Knocked-Out Tooth?
A knocked-out (avulsed) tooth is one of the most serious and time-sensitive dental emergencies. If your tooth has been knocked out, it must be replaced within 1-2 hours:
- First, recover your tooth. Rinse it with warm water, if necessary, then put it back into the socket or place it in a small container of cold milk. This will keep your tooth pulp alive.
- Call the team at Mestichelli Barnes Dental Associates and let us know you’re coming in to get treatment for a knocked-out tooth.
- Don’t delay by trying to treat your discomfort or bleeding on your own. The sooner you come in for your appointment, the sooner you can get professional care to relieve your pain, and the more likely it is that we will be able to save your tooth.